The Commission shall develop a plan and generic environmental impact statement for the creation of the Niagara River Greenway that will…
- Designate the specific boundaries of the Greenway.
- Create an inventory of existing park and other lands under the jurisdiction of the state, public corporations and municipalities.
- Identify other lands that can contribute to the purposes of the Greenway.
- Recommend how the Greenway could be linked to upland and interior communities in order to promote linkages to the River.
- Evaluate how economic development activities in proximity to the Greenway can support and complement the Greenway.
- Recommend cooperative efforts with the Province of Ontario and Nation of Canada.
- Identify sources of funding.
- Identify the ways for the Commission to work with municipal, state, and federal agencies, public and private corporations, not-for -profit organizations and private property owners and interests.
- Make recommendations for the on-going operation and maintenance of the Greenway.
We really appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to check out our new website. Be sure to check back again soon and see for yourself the great content that will be shared on this up and coming site.