Psilocybin Mushrooms, popularly known as Magic Mushrooms and sometimes shrooms, are a polyphyletic group of fungi that contain psilocybin and psilocin. The naturally occurring compound psilocybin affects humans. It induces hallucinations and intense psychedelic experiences or as some may say, ‘psychedelic trips. Once ingested the psychedelic effects take place after about 20 to 30 minutes and can last up to 6 hours, depending on the amount. Some take these mushrooms for recreational purposes, others to embark on journeys of spiritual enlightenment or to find themselves. Like everything these days, these mushrooms can be purchased online. More precisely they can be purchased at online drug stores but only to those over the age requirements and in states or countries where they are legal.
How Does it Work
Once the mushrooms are ingested, they are broken down in the liver and a resultant compound called picolinic is produced. This compound affects the abstract thinking in the brain, thought methods, emotions, and natural perception of reality thus causing hallucinations. As with many psychedelic substances, their effects can vary among users.
Effects of Magic Mushrooms
Altering senses. – The mushrooms cause visual and auditory hallucinations followed by emotional changes bringing a perception of altered space and time. These hallucinations are in most cases an enhancement of contrasting colors and strange lights, even distorted surfaces.
Mood changes- Just like LSD, s users may experience drastic changes in emotions throughout their ‘psychedelic trips’. Mostly they are determined by the pre-mood, before consumption, that is a depressed person may have a ‘bad trip’.
Physical effects- Physical effects may include
- Rapid energy yield,
- Muscle relaxation
- Improved neural connections.
- Muscle weakness
- Dry Mouth
- Increased breathing and heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
Physical effects vary among individuals.
Types of Mushrooms
- Psilocybin Cubbins’s- These are the most popular and common of Magic Mushrooms. They are the most grown and sold. They are identified by their large-cap and cinnamon hue. Slang for Psilocybin Cubbins’s is “golden caps”.
- Psilocybin Canescents- A bit more intense than the former, these mushrooms are small in size with wavy mushroom tops hence the slang “wavy caps”.
- Psilocybin Azures Cen- These shrooms have the reputation of being the most potent. Mostly found on the West coast and are commonly referred to as “flying saucer”.
- Brazilian Cubbins’s- Native home for these mushrooms is Brazil. They are the tallest among magic mushrooms. It is moderately potent thus ideal for beginners.
Even though this drug is still in its early medical research stages, a plethora of medical uses has been discovered. Here are some of the medical uses of the drug; reduce depression, anxiety, addiction cessation, induce endurance to cancer-related symptoms, stress, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), cluster headaches, and more.
Before buying online, ensure the suppliers are a trusted source. For recreation, the mild and less potent are advised. Note that these drugs have not been fully tested thus other side effects may occur.
For more information :-