The Commission shall develop a plan and generic environmental impact statement for the creation of the Niagara River Greenway that will…
- Designate the specific boundaries of the Greenway.
- Create an inventory of existing park and other lands under the jurisdiction of the state, public corporations and municipalities.
- Identify other lands that can contribute to the purposes of the Greenway.
- Recommend how the Greenway could be linked to upland and interior communities in order to promote linkages to the River.
- Evaluate how economic development activities in proximity to the Greenway can support and complement the Greenway.
- Recommend cooperative efforts with the Province of Ontario and Nation of Canada.
- Identify sources of funding.
- Identify the ways for the Commission to work with municipal, state, and federal agencies, public and private corporations, not-for -profit organizations and private property owners and interests.
- Make recommendations for the on-going operation and maintenance of the Greenway.